WONDERWORKS Amusement Park - Orlando - VERY LIMITED JOBS AVAILABLE -
Seasonal Team Member
Salario: $ 15.00 p/hour
Fecha de ingreso: Dec 02
Fecha de finalización: Mar 01-08
Horas de trabajo promedio: 30-32
Sexo requerido: Ambos. Nivel de Idioma: intermediate / advanced.Vacantes Disponibles: 0.
WonderWorks is an amusement park for the mind with 35,000 square feet of “edu-tainment”. The attraction combines education and entertainment with more than 100 hands on exhibits that challenge the mind and spark the imagination.
This once top-secret laboratory was located in the Bermuda triangle. An experiment gone awry lifted the laboratory carrying it to International Drive in Orlando, Florida where it landed upside down. Luckily all of the exhibits remained intact and available for guests to explore.
This is intended as a brief explanation of your position of TEAM MEMBER. Full position details will be given to you directly by your employer. Please make sure to ask all the questions you have regarding your position during your recruitment process and BEFORE you sign your placement offer. All positions may be responsible for daily cleaning; including but not limited to: cleaning restrooms, mopping and sweeping floors, cleaning windows/doors.
All Team Members will be placed in and should be open to working in any area including F&B, Attractions Attendant, Ticket Counter, Gift Shop, 4-D Theatre and the Dinner Show.
4D Theater Attendant: Duties & Responsibilities:
• Greet and interact with guests arriving in the 4D Theater.
• Promote and sell 4D Theater to guests visiting the third floor.
• Maintain the cleanliness and upkeep of the 4D and surrounding area.
• Assist the guests in entering and exiting the exhibit as well as assisting with 3D glasses and seatbelts.
• Initialize the ride and observe during run time to ensure safety of our guests.
• Operate cash drawer and process guest ticket sales.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Café Attendant: Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides an interactive guest experience by providing excellent customer service, food and beverage to all customers in a positive and outgoing manner.
• Ensure all tables and seating area maintained clean and condiment area is stocked.
• Take and prepare orders for guests.
• Prep food items and ingredients for daily use and per guest’s orders.
• Complete daily cleaning on work areas as well as café equipment to maintain an up to code work environment.
• Prepare food for the dinner shows on a daily basis which may entail making up to over a hundred pizzas in a single shift
• Prepare food for field trip lunches while attending to additional guests
• Complete opening, closing and health code checklists.
• Organizing and cleaning all applicable areas where supplies are stored.
• Operate various types of machinery relevant to the position.
• Successfully track food waste and transfers on a daily basis
• Stock food and beverage orders upon arrival
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
Exhibits Attendant: Duties & Responsibilities:
• Welcome, greet and interact with guests in the assigned area.
• Ability to explain and operate all exhibits in a safe manner
• Guide and direct guests through the exhibit area while answering questions and providing information as appropriate.
• Maintain Museum and exhibit appearance according to Wonder Works standards by cleaning floor surface, dusting counters and displays using cloths, brooms, brushes and/or cleaning agents.
• Refer guest complaints and incidents to the Manager on duty.
• Follow checklists for required duties and timelines.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
Lazer Tag / Arcade Attendant: Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintains daily general maintenance of all arcade games as well as all laser tag vests and equipment.
• Courteously respond to customer inquiries and comments by providing timely and accurate information about laser tag and the arcade games in order to provide customer service.
• Explain and demonstrate the functions of the laser tag vest and gun to guests.
• Manage the queue line for laser tag, maximizing time efficiency while ensuring guests satisfaction.
• Maintain the ticket pay out counter for ticket redemption; ensuring redemption items remain stocked and organized.
• Assist guests with the arcade games.
• Record and report redemption inventory level and needs to immediate Lead or Manager.
• Present a clean and professional area with a friendly and cheerful demeanor at all times.
• Completes restocking and cleaning duties as assigned and instructed.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
Retail Sales Associate: Duties & Responsibilities:
• Greet and welcome guests as they enter and exit the retail area.
• Provides an interactive guest experience through the Utilization of suggestive sales.
• Stocks and retrieves merchandise and supplies.
• Verifies starting cash ban and balances out at the end of the shift
• Maintains sales floor appearance standards by cleaning the floor surface, dusting counters and displays using cloth, brooms, brushes and cleaning agents.
• Processes merchandise sales and returns using cash register, wraps and bags merchandise.
• Handles cash, credit card transactions, traveler’s checks and discounts.
• Assists monthly inventory in store,
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
Self-Located Housing: The participant is given the opportunity to find and secure their own housing arrangements. The participant must ensure that they have made the selection for Self-Housing or Sponsor Referred/Employer Housing (whichever is offered) on the Program Application. All details of the self-housing should be given to the Sponsor no later than November 1st.
Sponsor Referred Housing: The Sponsor has located and will pre-arrange housing for each participant for the entire duration of the program. Each participant selecting Sponsor Referred Housing is required to pay a Sponsor $165 Non-Refundable Housing Registration Fee at the time of application.
The move-in date is two days before your DS-2019 start date. If you arrive earlier, you are responsible for your accommodation until that date.
The housing is set up by your Sponsor; however, the payment and any lease and/or rooming agreement is between the Exchange Visitor and Housing Facility directly.
The Sponsor Referred Housing is Extended Stay America-Universal Blvd., 8750 Universal Blvd. Orlando, FL 32819, US. Please check the accommodation website (https://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/fl/orlando/convention-center-universal-blvd?channel=gmb-listing&utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=gmb_listing) to get more information on the hotel, amenities, and area.
Each room will have furnishings as it is a hotel room. Each room will have 2 double beds and a sleeper sofa. There are laundry facilities on-site. WIFI is included.
The participant will be required to pay for the first 30 nights in advance 45 days prior to arrival. The cost of the monthly rate will be split between the participants sharing the room. After the first 30 nights, the participant will be responsible for paying the rent to the hotel by placing their bank account information online. The bank card must be on file before the 30th night of stay. One participant will need to place their American bank card on file to pay the room rent each week, and the other participants need to pay that participant their share of the rent 2 days before it is due. Rent is paid one week in advance once the initial pre-paid 30 nights has been fulfilled. The participant will be able to check into the room after 4 PM on the date of arrival.
The daily rate for a room with three people is $66+ 12.5% taxes= $74.25 per night. Each participant would pay $24.75 per day.
The daily rate for a room with four people is $72+12.5% taxes= $81.00 per night. Each participant would pay $20.25 per day, and two people would need to share a bed.
All participants are required to pay for the housing through the end date of the housing contract. If a participant needs to leave the program for any reason before completion, that participant is still responsible for paying for the housing through the end of the room reservation and/or housing end date.
Housing Location Info: The housing is approximately 3-miles away from the Universal Studio’s property - an approximately 45-minute to 1 1/4-hour bus ride. The closest grocery store is Publix which is 2 miles away. The participant will be using TD Bank which is 4.3 miles away. The nearest movie theatre is Regal Point Orlando Cinemas, and it is .7 miles away. The nearest shopping mall is The Pointe Orlando which is .6 miles away.
9076 International Drive, Orlando, Florida